Live2Lead will be presented in Southern Illinois on October 6, 2017 at John A. Logan College in the theater. The worldwide leadership simulcast event will be hosted by Marion Chamber of Commerce and is sponsored by Heartland Regional Medical Center. Doors open at 7 am for registration. Live2Lead begins at 8 am and concludes at 2:30 pm.
Tickets are $99 per person (for members of participating Chambers) plus group discount tickets are available and can be purchased online, or by downloading this form and mailing/delivering to the Marion Chamber of Commerce (2305 West Main, PO Box 307, Marion, IL 62959).
Live2Lead is being presented to the Southern Illinois area by Marion Chamber of Commerce and Russell Williams certified leadership and personal growth coach, speaker, and teacher.
“The Marion Chamber of Commerce is an organization of business and professional people working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in our community and this simulcast event fits perfectly with our mission,” said Dalus Ben Avi, executive director of the Marion Chamber of Commerce. “The Membership Committee, helmed by Mindy Reid with Banterra Bank, and comprised of many business leaders in the Southern Illinois area, worked hard with Russell Williams to put together a truly unique event for our region. Not only will it feature the amazing speakers from the live event in Georgia, but we will also have Russell Williams leading the afternoon discussion to further lift up your leadership.
“The entire day is designed to deliver the very best leadership content to inspire and motivate you and your team. Plus, you can connect with other influencers in your community and expand your business network with relationships that produce tangible results.”
Simulcast speakers include:
- John C. Maxwell, leadership expert, bestselling author and coach. John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach and speaker, and was identified as the #1 leader in business by the AMA and the world’s most influential leadership expert by Inc. in 2014.
- Dave Ramsey, personal money-management expert, best-selling author. America’s trusted voice on money and business, Dave Ramsey is a personal money-management expert and extremely popular national radio personality. His seven best-selling books—Financial Peace, More Than Enough, The Total Money Makeover, EntreLeadership, The Complete Guide to Money, Smart Money Smart Kids and The Legacy Journey—have sold more than 10 million copies combined.
- Cheryl Bachelder, Former CEO, Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. A passionate restaurant industry executive who most recently served as the CEO of Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen, Inc., Cheryl is known for her crisp strategic thinking, franchisee-focused approach, development of outstanding leaders and teams and superior financial performance. Cheryl also most recently ranked #1 by Inc. Magazine in a Top Ten List of the World’s Best CEOs.
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL Running Back, Partner of the Atlanta Falcons. After a 12-year career in the NFL, Dunn retired and in 2009 was approved by the NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Atlanta Falcons. Through Homes for the Holidays, Dunn honors his mother, Better Smothers. Betty was a Baton Rouge police officer who, as a single-mother of six, strived for the American dream of homeownership. While working, she was killed and was never able to realize that dream. The program has assisted over 152 single parents and 409 dependents nationwide with achieving first-time homeownership. In 2002, Dunn founded Warrick Dunn Charities to improve lives through innovative programming inspired by his journey.
“Live2Lead is an extremely informative leadership event that features the best of the best speakers on leadership development. Simulcast live annually to over 300 host sites around the world, this is the first Live2Lead event in the Southern Illinois region,” said Williams. “Live2Lead:Southern Illinois will provide its attendees with an array of new perspectives on how to lead your team toward the growth and development of a successful business, not-for-profit, and community organization. Live2Lead will provide its audience with many practical tools and key takeaways. In the words of John Maxwell, it will leave you wanting to “think different and think forward.
“This event lends itself to both learning and application, as people walk away prepared to implement a new action plan, so they can start leading when they get back to the office with renewed passion and commitment,” Williams said. “Live2Lead is also a opportunity to network with industry leaders in business, not-for-profit, and government from our great region.”
After registration from 7-7:50 a.m., the event will begin at 8 a.m. sharp in John A. Logan’s theater. Seating is limited, so attendees are encouraged to arrive early to get their seats. All tickets are open seating; only sponsors will have reserved seating.
Below is a run of show that is subject to change:
- 7:50 am – Welcome message from Russell Williams and Dalus Ben Avi
- 7:55 am – Live feed from Atlanta begins
- 8 am – John C. Maxwell - No Limits: Blow the CAP off your Capacity
- 8:35 am – Dave Ramsey - EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
- 9:15 am – Break
- 9:45 am – Cheryl Bachelder - Dare to Serve: How to Drive Superior Results by Serving Others
- 10:20 am – Warrick Dunn - Running for My Life: My Journey in the Game of Football and Beyond
- 11 am – John C. Maxwell
- 11:45 am – 12:30 pm – Lunch (included in registration fee)
- 12:30 – 2 pm – Leadership discussion with Russell Williams
- 2-2:30 pm – Networking and close of program
The event will also include the bestowing of the first Marion Chamber of Commerce Transformational Leadership Award. Nominations for the honor are now being accepted by email (email@example.com), phone at (618) 997-6311 or online at bit.ly/MCCtransform. The criteria for the award are:
- Go above and beyond what is required in service of others
- Are committed to lifting and building people
- Enroll other people in her/his vision
- Lead right where they are – at home, at work or in their community
- Are making a difference and inspiring others to make a difference
- Does not have to be a member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce
“These nominations can be your child’s teacher or principal, your employer, your pastor, a director or executive of a nonprofit organization, a government official, a military leader, a media personality – or even someone you don’t know personally, but you respect them for being an exceptional leader,” said Williams.
Tickets went on sale June 1. Ticket prices are as follows:
- For members of a participating Chamber of Commerce:
- 1-9 tickets - $99/each
- 10+ tickets - $80/each
- For those who are not members of a participating Chamber of Commerce:
- 1-9 tickets: $109/each
- 10+ tickets - $88/each
There are no refunds or exchanges with tickets or sponsorship packages. Ticket sales end September 29 at 4 p.m.
The presenting sponsor of Live2Lead: Southern Illinois is Heartland Regional Medical Center. Also sponsoring: The Southern Illinoisan, AISIN, Watermark Auto Group, Priority Staffing Group, Harness Digital Marketing, WSIU Public Broadcasting and John A. Logan College.
“Heartland Regional Medical Center is privileged to collaborate with the Marion Chamber of Commerce on many initiatives. Some entertain, some educate but all are vitally important in strengthening our business community and bringing us closer together,” said Herby Voss, director of marketing at Heartland Regional Medical Center. “We’re sponsoring this event because the lessons and skills acquired by attendees at Live2Lead will benefit Southern Illinois for years to come, and in ways we can now only imagine.”
Additional information obtained by contacting Dalus Ben Avi at (618) 997-6311, by visiting bit.ly/L2LMarion or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.